About WaRM Trust
ICE WaRM (International Centre of Excellence in Water and Resources Management) has created a formal Trust to promote the development and sharing of knowledge and skills in water resources management.
It is known as the Water Resources Management (WaRM) Trust and is financed by a public fund called the Water Training Education and Research Fund.
The Trust receives and allocates funding to a series of initiatives, including:
- Promoting national and international knowledge and practical experience in water resources management
- Improving public access to information about water resources management
- Boosting professional development in water resources management
- Facilitating national and international links between water resources experts and decision makers
- Developing and offering scholarship programmes in water resources management to individuals and institutions
- Providing grants to Australian and international water experts to share knowledge through initiatives such as:
- Delivery of lectures, seminars and attending meetings to share the latest water resources management initiatives
- Review water resources management education and training material to ensure they meet international benchmarks
- Facilitating the development of industry-leading water resources management education and training material through:
- Contracting water experts and tertiary institutions to prepare education material
- Contracting national and international water experts to review newly developed education and training material
ICE WaRM welcomes donations to the WaRM Trust to further its charitable work in the support of water resources management, particularly in developing countries. The Trust is a deductible gift recipient (DGR) meaning that Australians may be able to claim a taxation deduction on donations to the Trust. The Trust is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission.
For more information, contact ICE WaRM.